The loft, which was situated some distance from the farmhouse in case of fire, also dates from the first half of the 18th century.
It originally stood in the Marquardt’sche Hof in Hasselhorst (14 km north of Winsen) and was used originally to store grain, food and valuable household items securely.
The building, which stood on the Bergen military ranges which date from 1936, was transported to the museum in 1981 and rebuilt in 1983.
In one of the two ground floor rooms there is an extensive collection of bee keeping equipment. In the other there is a small exhibition of laundry and linen.
During the summer months the Association Youth Group meets on the upper floor.