The Cart Shed

The Cart Shed standing next to the farmhouse was built in 1727 in Bannetze (7km west of Winsen) as part of the Diershof which was run at that time by Berend Thies and his wife Marie née Lammers.

This three-post building served many purposes and, as well as housing a sheep pen and a wood and peat storage area, it kept the carts protected under its overhanging roof.

The building was moved in 1982 and rebuilt in the Open-Air Museum in 1983.